Pasta alla Checca
- 8 oz Tagliatelle or Fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot - finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 1 Tbsp Brandy
- 8 oz Cherry Tomatoes - cut in half
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 8 oz fresh Arugula
- 6 oz fresh Mozzarella - cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh Basil Leaves - thorn
- Parmesan Cheese - freshly grated- optional
- Sprigs of Fresh Basil for garnish - optional
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the salt and the pasta. Cook the fettuccine al dente, according to package directions.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the shallots and cook for a few minutes. Add the minced garlic and the Brandy.
Tilt the skillet away from you so that your Brandy can ignite.
Add the tomatoes, stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the Arugula.
Stir in the pasta and add about a tablespoon of pasta water. Add the fresh Mozzarella cubes and toss to combine all ingredients.
Serve with basil leaves, drizzle with a little extar virgin Olive Oil and if you prefer you can shave Parmesan cheese on top.
Wine Pairing: Castello Banfi Pinot Grigio San Angelo is from Tuscany, Italy.
Chef Mollie showed us how to make a delicious Pasta with Tomatoes and Mozzarella. Local favorite chef to the Hollywood stars, Chef Mollie has been featured on the Oprah’s Show and in “O” magazine. National Geographic Passport to the Best has recognized Trattoria Mollie as one of the “Ten Best Destination & Special Restaurants in the World”.