If you are considering getting braces, then you will want to consider all of your options. Whereas braces used to consist of wires and rubber for long periods of time, there are now other options available that can alleviate some of the hassles that traditional braces held. For example, you can choose to get invisible braces which still include the traditional wire method but consist of nearly invisible wires in your mouth. You can also still get the traditional braces that consist of rubber and wire but are now designed to look better.
Orthodontist braces are needed in both teenagers and adults in order to improve the quality of your teeth and your oral hygiene. They can be used to fix an over bite, an under bite, or to fix crooked teeth. They can also be used to fix teeth that are spaced too far apart.
As orthodontist braces are needed by a great number of the population, there are many different types to choose from. Listed here are the pros and cons of using the newer braces technology called Invisalign.
Here are the pros for using Invisalign:
1. You will have nearly invisible braces. One of the greatest benefits of using Invisalign is that you will have nearly invisible braces. You can walk around with a proud smile while also straightening your teeth. This is especially a good idea if you are an adult who is seeking braces in order to correct a problem that never got fixed when you were a teenager.
2. You can remove them for cleaning. You can also remove your braces for cleaning which will allow you have improved oral hygiene while you are straightening your teeth.
3. You can eat whatever you want. Unlike traditional braces, with Invisalign, you can eat whatever you want with no food restrictions and no worries about getting food stuck in your braces.
4. You will straighten your teeth. You will be enjoying all of these benefits while also straightening your teeth in the process.
5. They are more comfortable than traditional braces. Invisalign braces are more comfortable than traditional braces because they are made from clear plastic aligners that are designed for your comfort.
Here are the cons for using Invisalign:
1. They may not work as well as traditional braces. As Invisalign aligners have not been out on the market for long, it is undetermined if they will work as well as traditional braces for long periods of time.
2. You may need to leave them on longer. Another con is that Invisalign may need to be left on longer than traditional braces.
As you can see, there are many pros and few cons for using Invisalign to straighten your teeth. If you are considering getting braces and correcting your smile, then you should consider using Invisalign to help with this process. If you want to weigh out your options with an experienced orthodontist who has experience with both Invisalign technologies as well as traditional braces, then you should contact the trusted experts at Ghosh Orthodontist so that they can help you with your decision making process.