There are literally hundreds of options when it comes to different kinds of window treatments. You have tons of different materials to make blinds out of, shades can come in numerous patterns, shutters can be stained different colors, and then, there are the infinite possibilities of styles for curtains. Today, we are just going to focus on what kinds of things you should look for when purchasing window blinds or shades.
- Strings- Shades and blinds usually use strings to be pulled up or lowered down. In some area of a home or business, these blinds or shades can have their strings pulled over and over again. This normal wear and tear adds up overtime, and strings can wear out. It is important that you purchases blinds or shades that are made with high quality strings so that will not need to be repaired or replaced any time soon.
- String-less- Many people actually prefer the look of blinds and shades that are do not have strings. They feel they look cleaner and more elegant. This is a valid point of view. Many people with children or pets also feel that the strings on blinds can be a potential safety hazard, so they would rather purchase window treatments that do not have them. That is a decision for you to determine yourself.
- Motorized- One of the most trendy advancements for blinds and shutters currently, are having them motorized. If you choose a system, like the PowerView System from Hunter Douglas, you can even control them from your smart phone when you are away from home. Having motorized blinds can definitely have it’s perks.
- Energy Saving- Blinds and shades can offer more than shade from the sun and privacy. Certain shades can actually be considered energy saving because they act as a layer of insulation that keep your heated or air conditioned air inside and keeps the less desirable feeling air from leaking inside. These can help you save money on your monthly energy bills, and they can qualify you for certain rebates. Looking for energy saving window treatments can be a really great option for your home and business.
- Brand- Choosing the right brand is important. Brands, like Hunter Douglas, are higher quality and will have longer life spans. They might be a little more expensive initially, but they will save you money in the long term by lasting longer.
If you want high quality blinds or shades from brands like Hunter Douglas, Blinds ‘N’ Shades is a great company to look into. They have professionals that are there to help you figure out what blinds or shades will work best in a given space. They can also give advice on what styles and colors will look best as well.
Blinds ‘N’ Shades also has services to help you afterwards. If you have window treatments than need to be cleaned or repaired, they can help you with that as well. Choosing the right window treatments is easy when you know what to look for and are using a great company to guide you.